Circe by Madeline Miller

Circe is about the life of Circe who is a character from Greek mythology.

If you love mythology, gods, and goddesses that act just like us in the mortal realm then you are sure to love it.
Circe is not just a close look at the life of the character, Circe but the author also weaves the strands of her character in a very relatable way in this century.
It's not a love story and definitely not a happily ever after but it's a story of a person's independence and how she faced the strongest of the goddesses even without an ounce of divine power in her blood and won the war.
It's the tale of a mother desperately trying to protect her child and an individual who has been trampled by fate but is still standing and giving her all to live another day.
I loved this story a lot. It's one of my favorite books. I first read it when it was released. I have yet to read Miller's previous work so I went completely blind. And I loved every moment of it.
You not only enjoy a deep look into Greek mythology's characters but also see the rise of a strong woman who can stand her ground even after the world throws her over. I have so much respect for Circe!
It's definitely a must-read recommendation from me!!

Comments

Popular Posts