Great speeches by Native Americans



My first introduction with native Americans were when I was six years old and my dad gave me a book of fairytales,which contained lots of Native American stories and myths. As a six years old I was very much fascinated by a culture which seemed so different from all that I've ever known.

Now as a grown up I'm happy to say that that fascination has turned into a deep seated curiosity and admiration. While going through Amazon's booklists, I saw this gem and immediately bought it! 

And I'm glad to say that I've been more than happy with the outcome. 



Oratory is something which is very much natural to all society irrespective of their origin and country but this oratory is so elemental and close to nature that it is spellbinding in its intensity. 

Filled with hauntingly enchanting rhetorics these speeches are something that crosses time to move the heart of their readers. 




Deeply touching for their soulful pathos and tragic inrensity, they take us to a time when human history went through some of its darkest passage. And reminds us of the anger, frustration and sorrowful cries of a race deeply wronged by other so called superior races. 


A journey back in time which steals glimpses of a society ravaged by epidemics, landlessness, genocide, complete annihilation and identity crisis.

Comments

  1. Please add follow option on your blog so I can follow you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts