The Hookup (Moonlight and Motor Oil #1) by Kristen Ashley



'How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.'
My thoughts after I finished this gem.
Kristen Ashley has always been my favorite author and I'm quite proud to say I've finished each  and every book of hers, doesn't matter how many nights I had to stay up or that or how many tissues I soiled crying over all those bad things that happened to the characters. Or every single thing that made my heart ache for the people in her world.
And, I loved almost all her books. truth be told the only couple of ones I didn't love were because I was too agonized to read them again. They were so agonizing. It would have been bad for my heart's health.
They are poisonous, I'm telling you! Her books are like drugs, if you ever get the taste of one you won't be able to stop until you get your hands on every one of them and still you'll crave more and more.
Let me tell you something.
The recent book that came out.
The Slow Burn
I've been itching to get my hands on it, honest!
Anyways, enough of my ramblings, now on with the review.
The Hookup
Eliza is the new girl in town so of course she knows almost nothing about anyone. So when she meets this good-looking, attractive, charming, gentleman hunk in a local pub she falls head over heels for him in an instant, though she remains in the denial stage still the first few chapters.
Johnny is terrible news, everyone in town knows that, especially the ladies so they stay away.
No one wants to be compared to a past love and come up wanting.
That, however, was not the piece of information that was shared with Eliza. she is blissfully unaware that the person she was slowly but undeniably (cough cough) falling for was in fact hung up on his past love. A love which according to her best friend was more than star-crossed love.
Everyone in town knows that no one can compare with Shandra, except Eliza. Who in her naivety believes that Johnny might also be feeling something for her. Everyone feels pity for the innocent victim and her best friend laments the heartbreak that she will suffer in a few days. 
However, before our beloved protagonist can make herself steady enough to take the fall, Shandra comes back to town and after a showdown in the park among all townspeople it becomes apparent that in his eyes Eliza will never measure up to Shandra.
I must say this I did not see this coming. Kudos to Kristen Ashley for making me cry a bucket.
Eliza retreats back to her safe world. She is no longer interested in the outside world or dating for that matter. Her heart can only take so much. And she isn't thrilled about the humiliation that she faced in front of the whole town.
No, thank you, our heroine had had enough. 
He can go back to Shandra for all that she cared about.
But wait, it seems the whole town was wrong, as Johnny comes back and the situation is instantly flipped, it seemed he did not chase after his lost love after all, he chased after someone else and it isn't a human being, still it is his love.
I know you guys are dying to know what it is but I'm not saying,  go and read the book, I gave enough spoilers already!
After that incident our now favorite couple face many trials and hurdles, including terrible exes, troublesome brothers-in-law, brothers, well-meaning town folks, and not-so-well-meaning town folks.
This is a gem of a book from Kristen Ashley, it really is.
Kristen Ashley never disappoints in her work.
This is one of the best that she has undoubtedly ever written.
It has just about everything from romance to spices and dangers to sweet nothings.
Just try out this gem I promise You will not be disappointed.
I promise you won't be disappointed!
x

Comments

Popular Posts