The Bonus by A.J. Adams

"Chloe is a seasoned drug courier who finds herself in the wrong place at the wrong time. Facing a lingering and painful death at the hands of the Zeta cartel, Mexico’s most brutal organised crime syndicate, she persuades their enforcer to claim her.
Ex marine and dark ops expert Kyle Suarez is chief enforcer for the Zeta cartel. Ruthlessly efficient, he is feared by his enemies. When he claims Chloe, he simply expects to enjoy a well-deserved and disposable bonus.
Has Chloe made a huge mistake, or will her choice prove her salvation - and his?
Warning: This bad boy dark romance contains explicit scenes of dubious consent, graphic violence and sex. It is for adults only."

It is not a sweet romance. Nope, not at all. It is however quite realistic. A reader should read it only and only if he/she is okay with reading about criminal lives and romance between two criminal.

A dark romance filled with lots of intercourse scenes ( might I add 'unconventional' too, if you know what I mean)and violence, graphic violence.
I sometimes had to skip those descriptions of violence as I love my sleep and have no intention of having disturbing nightmares.
It is about the dark side of society, filled with drug cartels, prostitutes, human couriers, ex army turned hardcore criminals and so on.
Personally I think that it is great. But this is not the right cup of tea for many.

First Cons

1. It is criminal romance
2. An ex Marine / sp op turned criminal
3. Deals with drug cartels and everything that goes with it.
4. Has lots and lots of torture, murder and other violent scenes.
5. Hero emotionally constipated.
6. Broken heroine.

Now Pros.

1. Great story.(good plot)
2. Very sweet under all those violence and blood shed.
3. Great chemistry between hero and heroine.
4.Interesting side characters.
5. Strong heroine.
6. Filled with humour and wit.(I literally laughed out loud at times. My mom thought I was watching a comedy movie)
6. Badass hero
7. Best ass kicking of bad guy I've seen in a long time.
8. Have a Happily ever after.

Overall I enjoyed this story a lot and I'm sure all lovers of dark romance/ bad boy romance will love this to pieces too.


#Disclaimer
I received this book as a part of review program in Outset 
https://rakhijayashankar.blogspot.in/ in exchange of an honest review

Comments

Popular Posts