Vlad by Stacey Rourke



Vlad
Stacey Rourke

(Veiled, #2)
Publication date: November 25th 2018
Genres: Adult, Urban Fantasy
History believes me to be a merciless savage. A terror upon the Earth known as The Impaler. Archaic lore whispers I am the first of the vampire lineage.
These claims … are all painted in bloody truth.
Now, while the world watches in fear, a war is brewing. Humans are targeting vampires in merciless attacks to force us back into the shadows.
They woke me to be their weapon.
They know not my loathing for my own kind.
Even I cannot say for certain whose side I’m on.

I have bowed before the alter of darkness rooted in the Nosferatu bloodline. Been forced to drink of its bitter sacrament. They refer to me as The Son of The Dragon, and I laugh. For I, alone, know that malevolent essence is one no man could ever tame.

 IT is pretty hard to top the first book of a series, but Vlad just did that and on top of that it just blew me off. I’m still reeling from the ending. God knows I’d need another 7 days to recover.
 The gothic atmosphere, sinister setting, dark environment and enchanting portrayal of past and present just makes this book more fantastical. I find the fact very intriguing how the author blends the past and present seamlessly. I believe that it is very justified because without knowing his past we would be incapable to understanding his present. Another fact is the interesting undercurrents in the story. The sublime romantic attachments that the c characters shares with each other make the story much more mysterious and dare I say delicious. 

I’m actually a very big fan of vampire stories. My first classic reading was Dracula by Bram Stoker and it is still my one of the best read ever. But this book really got me like it has everything which a dark fantasy lover will love. But I won’t recommend it to someone who hates dark stories. But I highly doubt that anyone who loves vampire stories/gothic/supernatural/dark stories will NOT love it.
Hands down, it one of my best read this year. And definitely one of the best vampire stories I’ve read ever.

Here is a short interview with the author, It was an wonderful experience.


      1.      What is the most unethical practice in the publishing industry?

 Pirating the books of authors. This is what we do for a living. If you   enjoy an author’s work, support them by buying their books, not   stealing them.

      2.      Do you try more to be original or to deliver to readers what they want?

 Original, I want to surprise them with every book. I love the idea of them never knowing what to expect.  

       3.      Do you want each book to stand on its own, or are you trying to build a body of work with connections between each book?

Both. I want each book I write to be an experience all its own. However, I want them all to be true to my voice and my brand.

6.         What novel do you feel is highly underappreciated?
         The Martian by Andy Weir. Honestly, the movie couldn’t compare.              The book was brilliant.

      5.      Writers are often associated with loner tendencies; is there any truth to that?

What we do is very isolating. We can get lost in our own heads for hours. The drawback is that can also be very lonely. That’s why it’s important to have a strong network of people to draw us out of our imaginations and tether us back to reality.

6.      Any advice you would like to give to aspiring writers?

Read. Always be reading something. Try different genres, styles, even books that aren’t your normal style of read. This will help you build your “toolbox” as a writer.

7.      Is there anything you are currently working on that may intrigue the interest of your readers?

 I’m working on my first serial series! It’s called The Journals of Octavia Hollows, and it’s about a necromancer and her undead pig hunting for the body of her fiancĂ© in hopes she can bring him back to life. Along the way, she battles all sorts of different kinds of monsters and beasties. Fans of Supernatural will enjoy this series!




Author Bio:
RONE Award Winner for Best YA Paranormal Work of 2012 for Embrace, a Gryphon Series Novel
Young Adult and Teen Reader voted Author of the Year 2012
Turning Pages Magazine Winner for Best YA book of 2013 & Best Teen Book of 2013
Readers’ Favorite Silver Medal Winner for Crane 2015
Stacey Rourke is the author of the award winning YA Gryphon Series, the chillingly suspenseful Legends Saga, and the romantic comedy Reel Romance Series. She lives in Michigan with her husband, two beautiful daughters, and two giant dogs. She loves to travel, has an unhealthy shoe addiction, and considers herself blessed to make a career out of talking to the imaginary people that live in her head.

XBTBanner1

Comments

Popular Posts