Daredreamers (A start up of superheroes) by Kartik Sharma and Ravi Nirmal Sharma

"India’s first start-up of superheroes with a mission of saving lives is here to kick ass. 

Rasiq is riding the highs of life thanks to his successes as an investment banker. But his arrogance soon gets the better of him and he ends up losing everything he holds dear. Managing to salvage only his grit from the wreckage, Rasiq reboots his life and teams up with five uniquely talented superheroes to start a rescue venture 
- DareDreamers. 

These superheroes Nick: a crazy inventor; Halka: an inhumanly strong man; Arjun: a champion shooter; Natasha: a Bollywood stunt-double; Dr. Vyom, a medical Sherlock Holmes; and, of course, Rasiq: the mastermind combine their unique talents to deliver spectacular rescue operations. Their skyrocketing success, however, comes at a price an enemy hell bent on tearing down their fame and reputation.

Will DareDreamers defeat its wily adversary? Or will it become yet another failed start-up?

Treachery, action and adventure come alive to make DareDreamers a page-turner."


 Buy it now!

I just finished this book a few hours ago and believe me I literally speed read it. Mostly because it was filled with so much action that it was quite un-put-down-able. The fact that the narrative and the plot is filled with adventure, drama and stunts doesnt hurt either. With an array of unforgettable 'daredreamers' this book has everythiung worthy of called a superhero team. I would even say that they our own Indian 'avengers' team without superpowers. Great things come only when we think outside of the context and our preconceived notion of perspective. I loved the way the author portrayed the constant rat race we need to take part in for our survival and the greed for more in human nature.
I wish we had a team like this in real life. A lot of lives would have been saved then.

The picture that the authors depicted describes our society perfectly. Though I'll admit that I could not understand half of things that were said about IIM, IIT and business.
They all felt gibberish to me, but I'm sure someone from those field will understand it perfectly. Another thing which I did not like about the book is that it is filled with swearing and cursing and then again a  few more swears. I won't recommend it for anyone under 18

I loved the characters, absolutely!
They are just so lovable! But I did not like Rasiq sometimes but as he is the only characters which is shown from inside out I guess he needs to have some drawbacks, otherwise he won't be a human. Other characters are also shown but not that closely and definitely there is no psychological explorations of them. I hope that the future books will remedy that. Otherwise I have no complaints about them.

As for narrative, plot and theme, well I'll have to say that the plot is very dramatic and quite Bollywood style. The narrative is good and very lucid which makes the story flow smoothly without any hitch. This story has a theme which is not much seen (if seen at all) in Indian literature. When I was small I used to wonder why our country does not have superheroes like superman, batman, spiderman, ironman, hulk,black widow,amd wonder woman. Thus for me it was very satisfying to see that they are slowly emerging. I think that the teens of our country will love it. I wish it came out when I was still a teenager. Well, I guess better late than never.
I'm definitely going to gift this book to all my teenager relatives.

I hope that the authors publish a SERIES on them. I would love to read them.

AUTHOR BIO:

Kartik Sharma

Kartik Sharma, a graduate of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi and Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad, is passionate about books. Be it reading or writing, he found his one true passion in the written word. 

Published at the age of 23 by Rupa Publications in September 2011, he continues to write fiction stories and philosophical musings on his blog: http://interlocutor-kasper.blogspot.in/ and also at https://medium.com/@sykartik

He quit his investment banking career in 2012 to devote more time to writing. He is currently working on his second novel which he promises to be "fueled with philosophy and at the same time encapsulated in science fiction".


Ravi Nirmal Sharma

I am an Associate Creative Director at Cheil India Pvt. Ltd. in Copy and Concepts.

I am co-author of The Quest of the Sparrows by Rupa Publications. I have been a writer first through passion and then by profession.

My stories have been published in almost all the major magazines of India and have won awards. I had also appeared in Doordarshan for an author interview.

I have written two serialized novels:
Trailblazers - published by Alive (Delhi Patra Prakashan) a technology based story.

They also Feel - Published as a serial in Science reporter, a science fiction story.

Besides these I have written songs and jingles for corporates.

Comments

Popular Posts